ThreeGraces

My multiple personalities are all named Grace. I aspire to be like Grace Kelly the Princess of Monaco, regal and respected. But most days I am more like Gracie Allen, the comedienne wife of George Burns. Her greatest strength was playing the ditz, a role I relish. And days that I pull on my black leather chaps and wrap my arms 'round my husband to cruise on the Harley, I feel like Grace Slick, female rocker and all around bad-mamma-jamma.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

A family of nicknames...

Chick, Chickie, Boodie, Cribbo, Slugger, Sluggo, Weezie, Butchie, Butchicat, Mimi, PC, Laurinski, Sissy, A, Big A, Rip, O, Lloyd, Chippy, Fing, Nana Luv, PupPup, Nana, Papa, Hobbes, Googs, Eggie, Dooders ... these are just a few of the nicknames in my immediate family. Yes, I'm still stuck on why we give them, what they mean, why some make it and others don't, why some people have multiples and others have none...

2 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger ThreeGraces said…

    OK, blog readers. Nate C. has extended the offer to receive a new nickname. My immediate thought is to go with his analytical traits: thinking, debating, analyzing, etc.

    The first idea is to play on Auguste Rodin's sculpture "The Thinker." It was designed to depict part of a scene from Dante's "Divine Comedy" and shows the male figure deep in thought. For more info, go here: http://www.statue.com/the-thinker-statue.html

    So, options thus far on this theme are... Rodin, Rodey, Auguste, Auggie, Thinker, Think-i-nator (since Nate's in CA now)... others? Any chance one of these will catch on?

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Think-i-Nater. Get it? "Nate-r." And Nate lifts like Arnold, too. Works for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home